Easyjet : Flight delay, cancel, compensation, claim…
Retard de vol avec easyjet Comment obtenir une indémnisation ?
The last flights delayed easyjet
- EZY1874De OPO - PortugalVers BOD - FrancePlanifié pourFRI 26-05-2023 | 19:27 GMTRétardé
- EZY8427De LGW - United KingdomVers NCE - FrancePlanifié pourFRI 26-05-2023 | 19:03 GMTRétardé
- EZY1873De BOD - FranceVers OPO - PortugalPlanifié pourFRI 26-05-2023 | 17:26 GMTRétardé
- EZY2438De CDG - FranceVers LTN - United KingdomPlanifié pourTHU 18-05-2023 | 17:10 GMTRétardé
- EZY8408De CDG - FranceVers LGW - United KingdomPlanifié pourWED 17-05-2023 | 20:54 GMTRétardé
- EZY7044De CDG - FranceVers AGP - Spain and Canary IslandsPlanifié pourWED 10-05-2023 | 21:08 GMTRétardé
Vérifier si vous pouvez obtenir une indemnisation pour votre vol.
Was Your EasyJet Flight Delayed, Cancelled, or Overbooked? Claim Compensation Here
When travelling from or into Europe, as a passenger knowing your rights is essential. You should know that there is a legislative body that grants you the right to be compensated when your flight gets delayed, cancelled, overbook as well as losing your luggage. Here in indemniflight, we aim to provide you with a smooth, stress-free, zero-fee, and a reliable process to claim reimbursement. Indemniflight guarantees that your right to a fair EasyJet flight delay, cancellation, overbooked or lost luggage compensation is duly enforced
In this article, you will learn about your rights, the exemptions, and, most importantly, how to make sure that you receive your entitled compensation. The main reasons as to why we do this is because we want to level the playing field between you and EasyJet by helping enforce your rights. This will ensure that this airline is held accountable if you have been affected by flight disruptions with this airline.
So, before you head into filling up the claim form, you should first check your eligibility by using our free online calculator. This will help you know if you are eligible and how much you are entitled to get.
That said, let now see what your rights are when using this airline’s flight.
When my flight is delayed, what are my rights?
As we said earlier that there is a legislative body of law that governs this kind of situation so that law is EU law (Regulation (EC) No 261/2004.). Here are some of your rights according to EU law.
- You have entitled reimbursement of up to €600.
- You can claim reimbursement for flight disruption that are up to 6 years old.
- Your compensation will be the same regardless of the ticket price, but will only be dictated by distance.
- You can claim reimbursement only when delayed for at least 3 hours, cancelled, or overbooked. Delayed hours are calculated based on the time you arrived at your final destination (When cabin doors are opened).
These are the core rights that you should be aware of as an EasyJet passenger. Besides these regulations having been implemented for almost a decade now, not all passengers are aware that if their flight is either delayed, cancelled, or overbooked, they can file a complaint for disruption caused. And this is why indemniflight is here to help you get compensated.
What should you do when your flight is delayed?
When your EasyJet flight is delayed, there are some of the things that you should do at that moment to help you when claiming reimbursement. These things include:
- First, you should start by confirming what the cause of your flight delay is. This is important because you will need to state a reason when filing a claim form, and also it will help you know whether you are or you’re not eligible for compensation based on that specific cause.
- Collect and save important details that will act as proof when filling up a claim form — for example, expenses receipts, photos, vouchers, etc.
- Inquire or insist on getting basics services and benefits that are granted when this kind of situation occurs.
- Finally, after completing the above steps, you can now check your eligibility using our free online calculator.
What conditions must you meet to claim compensation?
To successfully claim compensation from EasyJet, there are conditions that both a passenger (you) and the airline must meet. These conditions include:
- The flight route –According to EU regulation, a passenger can file reimbursement complain when his/her flight is operated by a European airline (i.e., TUI, BA, and EasyJet), and it arrives at or takes off from an airport in Europe.
- Circumstances behind flight disruption –As per EU regulation, a passenger will not receive a recompense if the cause of flight delay, cancellation, or incident of denied boarding is an extraordinary circumstance. This is a circumstance that is out of airline control.
- Must be within claim compensations deadline –The regulations state that you can claim returns or reimbursement for an up to 6 Years old flight disruption. But after this deadline, you will not be eligible to claim reimbursement with any airline.
- The actual delay time –I used ‘actual’ to mean the total time your flight was delayed. You are able to claim for compensation if you arrive at your final destination 3 hours late from the original item regardless of the departure time. And when it comes to cancellation, it is 2 hours.
Therefore, you should always understand these conditions for the successful processing of your claim.
What must EasyJet provide to you in the event of flight cancellation or long delay?
In the event of long delays or flight cancellation, the airline is expected to offer assistance and proper care to its passengers. They may include the following services:
- A significant amount of meals and drinks.
- You should be offered two free communion services. This is to help you communicate with anyone of your choice; it can be two phone calls, emails, messages, etc.
- Accommodation and transport to and from your hotel for one or more nights if necessary.
The main aim of these services is to be able to provide a solution to sudden inconveniences that may arise due to flight delay or cancellation. Also, this will prevent extra expenses that you may incur in this kind of situation, and if they fail to offer these services, you will have the right to claim and be reimbursed later. Therefore, you should always include these extra expenses while filling up your claim form with us.
Another thing you should understand is that meal vouchers and accommodation do not serve as compensation; thus, you should not make any excuses.
What should I do in the event of delays of more than 5 hours?
Regardless of the distance, you can withdraw from your flight if you experience a delay of more than five hours. In this case, EasyJet has two options, to either offer you an alternative flight to your destination or to reimburse you. But also the decision will also depend on you too, whether you will take reimbursement or a new plane.
What if my departure is delayed until the next day?
Some of us have been in this kind of situation, and when you are here, you need to know that you are eligible for a stay in a hotel (accommodation). The bill will not be under your budget but your airline provider plus meal and drinks also. In order to keep records of these, you should ask them to provide you with a written confirmation for these.
Can I claim for a flight delay caused by strikes?
EC261, also known as EU law, also protects you as a passenger in the event of stuff strikes in EasyJet. The EU law holds every EU airline accountable for flight disruption caused by specific strikes that is within its controls. For examples strikes caused by:
- Airline staff
- technical staff.
- Staff sickness.
With these strikes being the cause of your flight disruption, be sure to complain since you are eligible. But sometimes there are strikes such as union strike that can happen, and in these situations, you are not eligible to claim compensations. This is regarded to be outside airline control; thus, if you claim reimbursement, you will not be reimbursed. This strike is considered to be an extraordinary circumstance, which also includes bad weather, and EU law relives every EU airline from compensation complains burden.
What reimbursement amount are you entitled to get from EasyJet?
The total amount of compensation for a flight delay, cancellation, or overbooking that you will receive does vary. According to EC Regulation 261/2004, the total amount depends on your flight’s itinerary and distance (Distance between arrival and departure airports). Thus your booking is covered by regulation, which means that connecting flights (booked under the same reference) is also taken into consideration. This is a breakdown of the total amount you will get.
DISTANCE: (Between Departure airport and Arrival airport)
|1.||Short distance flights that are below 1500 kilometres -Delayed||€250|
|2.||Medium distance flights that are between 1500 kilometres and 3500 kilometres -Delayed||€400|
|3.||Long-distance flights that are over 3500 kilometres -Delayed||€600|
These total amounts are defined by regulation to be €250 €400 and €600, but there is one thing you should know. If your flight that had to travel more than 3500 kilometres was delayed for more than 3 hours but less than 4 hours, then you will receive 50% of the total amount for 3500km+ category.
What is the process for seeking compensation for delayed or cancelled EasyJet flight?
These are some of our most essential documents you should have or activities you should do in order to have a successful process for seeking reimbursement. Here are some of the documents that you should always keep them.
Always save copies of your travel documents.
- The flight documents, for example, booking confirmation, boarding pass, e-ticket, delay statement, etc.
- Extra expenses receipts, for example, accommodation, food, and taxi.
Record delay information and when it occurred.
- Your original flight’s schedule which comprises of initial departure and arrival hours.
- The length of your flight’s delay –final departure and arrival time.
- Flight numbers for original and the alternative flight if there is one.
Record the reason for your flight’s delay
This is a point where you need to communicate with the responsible staff and find out what is or was the reason for flight disruption. To find out this, you can:
- Ask one or some of your airline’s crew and staff about the details that led flight distributions.
- Check the weather information and record them.
- Check if there is a delay in flight arriving or departing the same airports and, if possible, passing through the same flight route.
What if EasyJet has already rejected my claim?
Most reimbursement complaints get rejected by EasyJet, but does that mean all of them are not eligible? No, I don’t think so. For us you can still submit your claim even if it has already rejected by them. The reason is, our team of experts will verify your request and then validate the airline’s arguments. And if you are eligible for compensation we will inform you, then we will initiate the case. The other reason is that sometimes airlines evaluate the situation for your case wrongly, which lead to them rejecting your valid claims. Remember, we are here to help you, so don’t worry and don’t give up that easily –let us see your claim.
Also, when you are uncertain whether your flight cancellation or delay qualifies compensation, you can submit it via our team of experts, and we will examine the circumstances and assess your situation. And if it meets what is needed for reimbursement, we will then notify you, and then proceed with the case.
Why should you use indemniflight to claim Reimbursement from EasyJet?
Unlike other claim compensation companies, we are the best experts at what we do. So, if you need a stress-free, efficient, and effective process to claim compensation from EasyJet, contact us and let us know. Sometimes your carrier unwilling to pay what you are eligible for, and this is where we come in and help you level up the playing field. We work under a no-win-no-fee basis that will ensure that you don’t incur extra expenses.
We are the best claim company in the world, and we are made of to professional claim experts that are ready to ensure that your claim is served accordingly. Here are the reasons why you should claim with us:
- No fee needed to file your claim, the processing fee (success fee) is only paid after the claim is successfully compensated. Meaning no extra expenses to be incurred (no administrative fees)
- With professional claim experts working with us, we are always backed with additional database and legal evidence to ensure your case is dealt with properly.
- Safe you a significant amount of time compare to filing directly with EasyJet airline. With us, you only need around 5 minutes to fill up the claim form and provide evidence, and the rest will be on our side. But filing directly may see you spend several hours or day following up the case.
- Since we work with a team of experts, our success rates are always high (98% of our court cases are won).
- You can check your flight and claim eligibility free of charge.
- We are rated excellent in trust pilot.
Reasons not to file directly with your airline provider include:
- They are slow in processing their customer’s claims, which may cost you time and extra money.
- Lack of update or reply from your airline provider on the progress of your claim.
- Sometime they may be unwilling to process or award your claim.
So, if you have or ever experience any EasyJet’s flight disruption, don’t hesitate to contact us. And keep in mind that any passenger is entitled to file a complaint in the vent of a flight delay, flight cancellation, overbooking, missed connecting flight, and lost baggage.
Don’t take any excuses and file your complaint with the best claim company in Europe –indemniflight.